Conversions are the life blood of your business, if your website isn’t conversion optimized you can drive as much traffic to your website as you want, but if they don’t convert into customers they aren’t of any value to you.
So, what is it that makes website visitors convert into a customer, subscriber, leads, or whatever your goal is?
In the next few minutes I’m going to show you 8 simple yet powerful ways to improve your conversions.
- Website Load Time
- Call To Actions
- Live Chat
- Responsive Website Design
Website Load Speed
Slow and Steady Doesn't Always Win the Race
Website load speed has a large, measurable effect on conversion rates. Studies have consistently shown that faster page speed will result in a better conversion rate. In other words, the quicker a webpage loads, the more likely a user is to perform the targeted action on that webpage.
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load
- 51% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that has crashed, froze, or received an error.
- 38% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that wasn’t available.
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.
How fast should your website load….
The standards that many have been using for page load time come from a study conducted by Geoff Kenyon. He compares website speed against the rest of the web:
- if your site loads in 5 seconds, it is faster than approximately 25% of the web
- if your site loads in 2.9 seconds, it is faster than approximately 50% of the web
- if your site loads in 1.7 seconds, it is faster than approximately 75% of the web
- if your site loads in 0.8 seconds, it is faster than approximately 94% of the web
Tools You Can Use To Check Website Load Speed
Google’s PageSpeed Insights uses an open-source technology called Lighthouse, as well as Google’s own Chrome User Experience Report (CrUX) data. It is designed to take a single URL and provide feedback on the following (for both mobile & desktop devices):
- Best Practices
- Progressive Web App
For each category, it provides a score between 0-100, additional information to help diagnose your page, and find opportunities to improve it. The scores are separated out per device (one score for mobile, a separate score for desktop).
With GTmetrix you can hone in on what’s making your site load slowly and fix it. Like many of the other tools listed here, GTmetrix provides a letter grade to show how well your site loads.
GTmetrix's Report Page neatly summarizes your page performance based off of key indicators of page load speed.
- Analyze your page with Google PageSpeed and Yahoo!
- Get your page's Page Load Time, Total Page Size and Total # of Requests
- See your page's performance relative to the average of all sites analyzed on GTmetrix
Keep track of page performance with scheduled monitoring and visualize it with interactive graphs. Set up alerts to notify you when your page performs poorly.
- Monitor pages and run a test daily, weekly or monthly to ensure optimal performance
- Visualize performance with 3 graphs available: Page Load Time, Page Size & Request Counts and PageSpeed and YSlow scores
- Zoom, pan, and set a date range to find specific performance history
- Annotate areas of interest on your graph and give your data context
- Set alerts with numerous conditions based on PageSpeed/YSlow scores, Page load time, Total Page size, etc
Analyze the page load of your site from 28 servers in 7 different regions around the world.
Uptime Monitoring With our global network of 100+ servers, test that your site is available from all over the world, as often as every minute.
Real User Monitoring Enhance your website’s performance with real, actionable intelligence from your most important site visitors.
Synthetic Interaction Testing Ensure vital site interactions, like signup, login or checkout flows work as intended, every time, and get alerted when they don’t.
Page Speed Monitoring Track and analyze load time of your website’s critical pages (homepage, checkout, contact forms, orders, etc.)
Reliable Alerting All issues are verified by a second opinion to filter out false alerts so you only get alerted when a real incident occurs.
Root Cause Analysis Get to the root of any website, server, or application outage to resolve the issue and prevent any recurrence.
One of the simplest ways to boost your conversion rate is by using the right headline copy.
Make your headlines as clear as possible
Here are the five headline types that were tested in the above-cited study:
- Normal (Ways to Make Drinking Tea More Delightful)
- Question (What are Ways to Make Drinking Tea More Delightful?)
- How to (How to Make Drinking Tea More Delightful)
- Number (30 Ways To Make Drinking Tea More Delightful)
- Reader-Addressing (Ways You Need to Make Drinking Tea More Delightful)
Include numbers in your headlines
Numbers in your headline can make a huge difference in your conversions.
Don’t Over Promise
If your headline promises access to the world’s best marketing course, it better be that or even better. If you are promising a method to land 10,000+ email subscribers in less than two weeks, that method better be reproducible.
Call To Actions
In marketing, a call to action (CTA) is an instruction to the audience designed to provoke an immediate response, usually using an imperative verb such as "call now", "find out more", or "visit a store today".
Use power words in your call to action.
- According to BufferApp, here’s a list of words that convert.
Maximize Negative Space
Also known as ‘white space’, negative space describes the areas between different elements on a web page. These spaces deliberately do not display content and contrary to popular belief, do not have to be white. Instead, it can be of any color or can simply include the gradients, patterns, or background on the page.
- Keep a wide space around your call to action so your call to action stands out from the rest of your content.
Use the right color
Every color evokes a different feeling or mood with each person and therefore results in a different reaction when seeing the color. Doctors and nurses wear white, which is a sign of sterility. Gym rooms are often painted blue because studies have shown that weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue painted rooms.
As you can see, colors are a very powerful tool in encouraging or blocking certain feelings. This means you can somewhat guide your users through your interface by letting them make the choices you want them to make by using the correct colors and color combinations.
- Use a color that makes it stand out from the rest of your content.
- Use a color that creates the emotion that you want your visitors to feel.
Live chat on your website allows you to have real-time conversations with your customers. The first thing you have to do is to sign up and install live chat on your website. After this is done, people coming to your website will be able to click on your live chat widget and start a conversation with you or one of your customer service agents.
- Having live chat on your website can increase your conversions by up to 45%
- 75% of survey respondents stated they would prefer to live chat
- 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person during an online purchase is one of the most important features a website can offer
- Live chat has overtaken other options as the most preferred channel for customer communication
- The global live chat software market is expected to grow to $987M by 2023 from $590M in 2016
- 51% of customers want their businesses to be available 24/7
- 63% of millennials prefer to have their basic customer support queries answered by live chat
- 38% of businesses say their users find their scripted responses much more frustrating
Live Chat Softwares
Live Chat Features....
Jivo Chat is a free tool to help you monitor and talk to clients visiting your Website, Facebook, Telegram, and Viber – all of that in real time. To start a journey with this live chat tool, all you have to do is to click on the sign up free button.
Chatbots are programs built to automatically engage with received messages. Chatbots can be programmed to respond the same way each time, to respond differently to messages containing certain keywords, and even to use machine learning to adapt their responses to fit the situation.
Chatbots leverage chat mediums like SMS text, website chat windows, and social messaging services across platforms like Facebook and Twitter to receive and respond to messages.
- 67% of consumers worldwide used a chatbot for customer support in 2017.
- 40% of consumers do not care whether a chatbot or a real human helps them, if they are getting the help that they need.
- 27% of consumers were not sure if they had talked to a human or a bot during their last contact with customer service.
- By 2020, the average person will have more conversations with bots than with their spouse.
- 47% of consumers are open to buying items through a chatbot.
- 37% of consumers would buy items from Facebook.
- 38% of consumers worldwide rated their overall perception of chatbots as positive, with only 11% rating their perception as negative.
- 57% of our respondents were interested in getting real-time answers from bots on a company website.
The Best ChatBot Software
When a consumer interacts with your review, three things happen. They:
- Are 58% more likely to convert
- Generate 62% more revenue per site visitor
- Buy 3% more per order (AOV)
Both the quantity and quality matter. When you're looking at buying party lights on Amazon, you want to know how many people bought the party lights and also how many thought the party lights worked great (as well as why those who rated it poorly did so). This information removes a lot of the uncertainity of online shopping.
How To Get More Reviews
Create different spaces for your customers to leave reviews. For example, be sure your customers can leave a review on Google, Facebook, Better Business Bureau, etc.
- Be sure you are providing high quality products or service
- Optimize your content
- Ask at the right moment
- Give an incentive
How Do You Select the Right Platform To Use? Here are some tips:
- Make sure the platform is a licensed Google partner. All the companies on the list below are Google partners.
- Not all platforms are available in all countries, so check to see if the platform of your choice supports your country.
- Check to see if the platform has a robust and transparent verification system.
- Make sure you can productively seek reviews from customers. If the platform offers this option, it may only be available when you have a paid account.
- Check for tools that let you respond to negative reviews.
- Consider the other features, products, and services the platform has to offer. This could be integration with platforms other than Google, for example, or customer experience management tools.
Top Companies to Get Google Seller Ratings
Shopper Approved is a review collection and syndication tool. The application curates ratings and reviews, including video testimonials from customers and distributes them to a wide network. This makes businesses more visible and attractive to their targeted audiences.
With Shopper Approved, businesses can rest assured that they will gain honest reviews. The application does not offer incentives for reviews, so shops can always count on real customer testimonials.
Additionally, Shopper Approved enables businesses to send review invitations via email to each existing customer. This allows them to gain insight from repeat and loyal client's reviews so that they can further enhance their services.
This solution allows you to collect customer reviews about your website and products. Customers will automatically receive an email after purchase depending on your choice of delay settings. You can then easily display product and website reviews to increase your sales by reassuring your clients of the reliability of your products and the quality of your website.
eKomi is a string of innovative, easy-to-implement SaaS solutions for eCommerce businesses and brands of all sizes, created to collect customer comments and product reviews. After these comments and reviews are gathered, eKomi's Feedback Management team goes through the details, reviews all material, publishes these reviews on personalized Certificate, and syndicates them to all major search engines.
Customers are becoming more reliant on product reviews from reliable sources, primarily from actual product users, to base their purchasing decisions. With eKomi, businesses are able to get all reviews pertaining to their products and services to ensure that positive commentaries become more visible in the online world for customers and potential clients to see and read. The platform also provides a channel for communication and resolution for clients and unsatisfied reviewers as well as moderation assistance that helps with resolving a conflict.
Trustpilot is a customer review management tool that helps online businesses connect and build trust with their customers. Businesses use Trustpilot to improve customer experience, stand out more in search engines, increase conversions and sales on-site, and build a trusted reputation. Features include: powerful review reporting and analytics, Google Seller Ratings, rich snippet stars, review invitations and reminders, onsite review widgets, and more.
All of the above recommended companies are Google Licensed as third party seller rating companies.
Responsive Website Design
Responsive Web design is the approach that suggests that design and development should respond to the user's behavior and environment based on screen size, platform, and orientation.
The practice consists of a mix of flexible grids, layouts, images, and an intelligent use of CSS media queries. As the user switches from their laptop to iPad, the website should automatically switch to accommodate for resolution, image size, and scripting abilities. One may also have to consider the settings on their devices; for example, if they have a VPN for iOS on their iPad, the website should not block the user's access to the page. In other words, the website should have the technology to automatically respond to the user's preferences. This would eliminate the need for a different design and development phase for each new gadget on the market.
Responsive website statistics
- Google prioritizes responsive websites
- 50% of total e-commerce revenue comes from mobile
- 94% of people judge websites based on responsive web design
- Almost 60% of all internet access is done through a smart phone
- 72% of people want mobile friendly websites
- Responsive web design integrates social media
- 57% of internet users say they wouldn't recommend a business with a poorly designed website on a mobile device.
- 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive.
- A study found that 94% of negative website feedback was related to the design of the site.
An article on Forbes shows that it's all about psychology. Videos incorporate four elements that human beings are wired to pay attention to - we just can't help ourselves, can we!? These four areas are:
- body language
- 83% of those using video think it gives them a good ROI; 82% think it's a key part of their strategy.
- Of those that aren't using video, 73% have bought a product after watching a video.
- 97% of businesses using explainer videos say it helps users understand their business better.
- 94% of businesses see video as an effective tool.
- Among those surveyed, 81% saw an increase in sales and 53% said support calls were reduced.
Ways To Use Video to Increase Your Conversions
- Insert a Lead Capture Form in the First 10-20% of Your Video
- Use a Custom Thumbnail with a Smiling Human Face
- Make your video short and immediately entertaining
- Instill a sense of trust right away
- Send your prospects a personalized video
- Use video testimonials